- June 12, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- To back up a Windows Server using Unlicloud, please click here.
- To back up a PC using Unlicloud Intelligent, please do the following:
- Sign in to your Unlicloud online account.
If you do not have an account yet, feel free to Sign Up for a trial one now, so you can try it out.
- From the Dashboard click on Download Unlicloud button in order to download the setup file of Unlicloud on your machine.
- Run the downloaded setup file and follow the onscreen steps in the installation wizard.
- Once Unlicloud desktop client is installed, it will ask you to enter your account credentials. Please do.
- Select the data that you want to back up. You will have three tabs to select from:
- Smart Selection: Contains various built-in plugins that you can use to backup some of the most important items on your computer.
- My Computer: Allows you to backup files and folders from any location easily accessible from My Computer using an easy to use Windows Explorer-like interface.
- Cold Storage: Extremely low cost storage that provides an optimal, secure, and reliable storage solution for data that is rarely accessed. The difference between Cold storage and Instant storage is, data takes 3-5 hours to be restored.
- Select the files you want to backup using OCR .
- Specify your backup settings:
- Run on Schedule: Set how often you wish Unlicloud to backup your files.
- Bandwidth Throttling: Enable this option to limit the upload bandwidth allowed for Unlicloud to use, this option will NOT give the full speed potential of Unlicloud, but if you can enable it if you wish to upload files or use your upload bandwidth with other Tools/Programs.
- Hybrid+: Unlicloud Hybrid+ doubles your backup protection by creating a copy of every backed up file to a local server, external or network drive; ensuring faster recovery when needed.
If there is a policy assigned to the user that you are installing Unlicloud on his/her machine, then once you install the setup file and sign in to the user’s account, the backup will start automatically without the need to configure it manually.